REMOVING THOSE STAINS YOURSELF
There are some basic detergents that are used to remove stains for you at home. Please always test on an inconspicuous area
- Gently scrape up all the solids first
- Apply a neutral detergent e.g. (wool mix) to a damp cloth and dab the area.
- You can also apply a solution of 10 parts water to 1 part vinegar. (For general stains remember). This is for basic foods, wine, soft drink’s some grease stains.
- It is also important to remove any chemical you have applied not leaving any chemical residue use a clean damp cloth to remove the residue.
- Remember the quicker you get to a stain the better, especially with liquid stains e.g. drinks, dog urine etc. if these stains aren’t diluted straight away they can be permanent .Try to act before these stains dry. It will improve the result dramatically. Other stains like inks, shoe polish, nail polish, makeup, candle wax, grease, textas, paint, chewing gum oil, tar etc. these stains require solvents. I wouldn’t suggest trying to remove these as you could set the stain and damage your carpet. Call us to remove these types of stains.
- Please do not use supermarket carpet stain removers as these can bleach the carpet or set the stain even further.
- Call Fletchers Carpet Steam Cleaning Melbourne for free advice or a booking 0412 816 479